Friday, June 1, 2012

Catching Up...

I wanted to post a few photos from the last several months - just to catch up some.  So MUCH has happened since the blog I wrote about Ronnie making it into the Hall last December - Haha!!  I am counting on pictures saying here a lot more than words can...



Our last Thanksgiving Family Photo with Dad.  My folks had made it up to Cedar Falls for just about every Thanksgiving since I moved here in the October of '87.



Our great kids on Christmas Day, 2011.  They are BIG!  Not many Decembers left with all of us at home...




 



 
In January, Mom, Martha, Lydia and I made a Crazy Whirlwind Weekend Border Road Trip down to Laredo to meet up with Dad and my good friend, Pastor Juan Cortez.  We came to exchange a mini-van full of stuff from our home in Puebla - to be moved to what was to be Mom's and Dad's new house in Cedar Falls.



Joel was in an excellent Children's Theater Production of "Jack and The Beanstalk" in February.  He did a fantastic job - and loved being on stage - fancy that!!  A highlight was that several neighborhood kids also got parts in the play - so that made it even more of a blast to be a part of.



In March, we were able to go to Missouri to spend Spring Break with Martha's folks.  A highlight was Becky getting to try on the wedding dress worn by Martha's Grandmother.  It fit!  Not ready for her to wear her own wedding dress just yet...



Of course, on March 30, Dad passed away.   This will forever be one of my favorite pictures of him...



There was a powerful moment for me at the Family Reunion we had in Mexico City for Dad.  All the cousins - except one - were together for the first time in decades.  The last time was probably when we were kids at Christmas.  We were having a wonderful conversation when it hit us: "We ARE the next generation - NOW!"  We all just looked at each other and smiled.  As the older guard begins to fade, what is passed forward in our family is now on us...



Family and Friends still gather here...  Papa Grande's old house - and the foyer under the balcony - will always mean a lot to me....












I will forever cherish few things more than Dad's Memorial Service at the Colegio Americano...














Here is really where I did most of my growing up.  In this House.  On this Hill.  In this Colonia.  Among these People.  In this City.  In this Culture...  I was thankful to experience one last Neighborhood Semana Santa...





Josh and McKenzie -- Their first Prom...





Becky was Confirmed at the end of April - VERY BLESSED...!!




Becky - 9th Grade Dance!!




Lydia made Martha breakfast on Mother's Day - and Three Great Moms!!



I get to play with a bunch of great guys in a band called "Sideshow Bob" - Here we are at the first Friday'loo Festival of the season....



Lydia was awarded the prestigious "Bucket Filler Award" at Lincoln Elementary this year.  Joel was honored with the same 2 years ago.



And finally - the latest picture of our Family - Memorial Day, 2012...



3 comments:

  1. Love you guys, and live the photos!!!!...kev...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q--You are so blessed! What a beautiful family. I can't believe how big the kids are......I still remember babysitting Josh when he was a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So your parents were in the process of moving to CF when your Dad passed? I'm so sorry he didn't make it Q but what a legacy he has left you! Love following your blog! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete