Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Day Before Father's Day...



Just returned earlier today from our Fishing Trip...

Yesterday afternoon - for a few hours after our morning fishing adventures - this was my spot...  

It was sunny and warm - I  had my swimming trunks on - and the rest of the guys were inside or taking a nap. 

I dove in off the diving platform on the far right and swam across to the pier on the left - climbed up the ladder - and sat down on the bench to dry off in the sun.  (Click on the photo and a larger one should pop up.)

I had a book and a mug filled with ice and Dr. Pepper.  Like a lizard I just soaked up the heat and enjoyed the quiet and the solitude.  After reading a chapter, I went over and dove in again...!

Back at the bench, it was great chance to pray and think.  I found most of my thoughts being drawn to my Dad...  

I felt the presence of God - and my Dad - very powerfully on that bench yesterday...  I am grateful for that chunk of time to tell both my Heavenly Father - and my Earthly Father - "Thank You" -- For their love and presence in my life - for their undeniable influence on my heart and soul - for the many gifts I have received from them - and for simply KNOWING them... 

Tomorrow will be my First Father's Day without Dad being here...  

But, you know?  Dad will be here...  That recognition ("A-Ha!") appeared very clearly in my head and heart.  I found myself being deeply affirmed in my spirit - that Dad will be a part of everything that I have yet to experience - here in the present and still for the rest of my life...  

Yup - I was there on that bench - all by myself - but I was far, far from alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment