Friday, October 21, 2011

"2-4-6-8 / What Do YOU Appreciate?"

The Tommy Emmanuel song on Pandora that stopped me in my tracks that day in my office was: "Those Who Wait".  Here it is below.  It was the last song he played at that first show Martha and I went to in Aurora, IL in Feb of '09.  It is one of the two complete tunes that I recorded that evening.  (Not sure I was supposed to do that - but I did!)  (Actually, Tommy said he was thankful for what Youtube and Facebook are doing for artists across the world!)  Along with "Angelina", they were my favorite pieces of his at the time.  And he closed his concert - with those two songs!!

I PROMISE that Tommy will NOT be the only thing I write about on this blog!  ;0)  I thought I would upload these videos just to share - so that you might enjoy them too.

I have a question for you to ponder:  Is there a "milestone" you can identify in your life - a moment, an experience, a task, a trip, a relationship, a book, a child, a song, an encounter, a challenge, a conference, a word, etc. - that was a doorway to something "powerful and new" in your life that you find yourself appreciating today?

Encountering Tommy Emmanuel - the man and his music - opened a fresh season of appreciation for me toward creativity, craftsmanship and art.

How about you?

Maybe briefly share such a milestone here in the comments section below?  I'd appreciate that.  And I will celebrate with you what you have learned and are probably still learning...

This blog will be a LOT more fun if it's more than just me writing...!

So here is YOUR "cue"(Q.) to join in the fun...



2 comments:

  1. We went to a Love and Respect conference a few years ago and it changed my life!! It affected how I treat my husband (or at least I try to let it affect it!), how I show him love, how I communicate with him. It has made me aware of when we jump on the "crazy cycle" and I can usually work to get us off sooner. It is definitely a work in progress--always--but now it's a work because I know how to speak to him in a way that means something to him.

    ReplyDelete